Friday, August 12, 2011

Deviation from the plan.

This was originally going to be the next part in the "exposure" series, which was actually mostly written. An opportunity has come up that will allow me to get (hopefully) some decent frames showing different things you can get varying your shutter speed. Unfortunately, that's going to be in a couple weeks.

In the meantime, I've been playing with my new-ish macro lens. At some point, I'm going to have to put something together about lens length, distance to subject, and depth of focus (how much of the frame is in focus, and how your distance from it and lens choice will affect it).

First evening playing with Ferro Fluid

The above photo was taken during my first evening playing with ferro fluid. It's a suspension of tiny magnetic particles (their size is measured in Ã…ngstroms) in oil. If you've ever done the iron filings on paper over a magnet trick, this is very similar, except it works in three dimensions, following the flux lines of the magnetic field. I'll be playing with this more later.

from wandering around the back yard


The frame above was from the first day after I had gotten the macro lens, and just wandered around the back yard, trying to get a feel for it (the lens, not necessarily the yard).


No comments:

Post a Comment